Thursday, 1 April 2010

The Human Rights Commission says the project to computerize the judiciary in Zambia once completed will speed up the process of administering justice in the country.
Speaking in an interview, Commission Director Enock Mulembe says the computerization of the judicial system will also provide a proper way of record keeping thereby ensuring a fair dispensation of justice. He says detaining suspects for over 14 days without trial has always been the concern of the Human Rights Commission.
Mr Mulembe said that a quick and fair trial is not only a human right but also a democratic right which every Zambian citizen is entitled to.
The Supreme, High and Magistrate courts have been earmarked for the computerization project.
The project is being facilitated by a grant from the Investment Facility for Africa IFCA which pumping in US$ 500,000 representing 75 percent while the remaining 25% will be covered by government.

No comments:

Post a Comment